House hunting can be both exhilarating and a bit challenging at the same time. Once you have selected your Cary exclusive real estate buyer's agent, and secured your mortgage pre-qualification, now you are ready to begin your Cary home search in earnest. Before you leap it's best to have a plan complete with a list of priorities for your new Cary home.
What Are Your Cary Home Buying Priorities?
Once you've zeroed in on a couple of Cary neighborhoods, it's time to select a few homes to preview. Why not refer back to your Cary home Wish List and see which features are absolute requirements and those amenities you'd like to have if possible. When narrowing down your Cary home search, consider the following questions:
- Do you prefer a brand new home or an existing home?
- Do you want to consider a Cary condominium or townhouse where all exterior maintenance, including landscaping, is covered by the community association? (Of course, you will pay HOA fees for this service.) If your objective is to reduce your time maintaining your home choosing a condo or townhome over a single-family home might be just what you are looking for in your next Cary home.
- Do you want to be in a specific Cary neighborhood because of a particular amenity, Cary school or because of the necessity to be nearer to your job in Cary or RTP?
- Do you like a specific style of house, such as a ranch, traditional style, or 2-story?
- What physical house characteristics do you need, such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage, garden? Would you want a property with ample room to expand later? If so, you'll want to look for a property that can accommodate an expansion and where additions are permitted by the local Cary planning commission and HOA architectural committee. You would also want to consider the rest of the neighborhood so that you don't "over improve" the property.
Ready - Set - Search for Your Cary Home!
It's important to prioritize choices and to know what you can't live without and what is nice but not essential. This will be important as you begin to make trade-offs on price versus features. If two of you (or more) are buying a home in Cary, make sure you establish your priorities together and be prepared to compromise if necessary. When you are ready to begin previewing homes for sale in Cary, schedule your personally guide tour today with a member of the LG Real Estate Team. We are your Cary Area Home Buying Experts!